He ruruku kia whakamahiri i a tātou, tamariki mai, pakeke mai, e tū pakari ai hei hunga whai whakaaro i ngā hapori manaaki.
Committed to helping children and adults become strong contributing members of caring communities.
Support & Services Available:
- Scheduled Groups and Activities.
- Care and support in tough times.
- Hospital and home visits.
- Food Bank deliveries (phone 0800 Hungry i.e. 0800 486 479 to request a parcel).
- Help accessing support from government departments and other organisations.
- Budget advice.
- Refugee and new migrant advocacy and support.
For more information about anything on this page contact Damian Ardell, Community Worker,
ph 352 4227 or email email@example.com
Freedom Trust Scheduled Groups & Activities:
Denice van Beurten and her team provide a fun, interactive music session where a child and their parent or care giver can enjoy music, movement, interaction, and more.
We meet every Tuesday during school terms at 10am for a 40 minute interactive music session, followed by morning tea (and playtime for children). We cater for all ages up until a child starts school, and beyond this time for parents who wish to return for social occasions.
Currently visitors are encouraged to come along 3 times before making a commitment of going on our roll. We try and limit the numbers on our roll so from time to time operate a waiting list.
- Sewing & Patchwork Quilting.
- Fun, food and friendship.
- Sewing machines and some materials available.
- Free tuition for beginners to advanced.
- Morning tea.
- Cost $3.00 per session.Wednesday morning 9:30am to 12 noon (school terms only).
- Fantastic food.
- Entertainment, fun & socialising.
- Helpful information.
Monthly at Papanui Baptist. Usually on the third Friday from 12 noon.
- Please phone a few days before to let us know you’re coming.
- Cost $5.00
- Free transport is available for those living in the area if required.
- This is a service for people aged 60 years plus or people with disabilities who have difficulty trimming their toenails.
- Have your nails cut and enjoy a foot spa, massage and cup of tea.
- Note that this is not a medical service. People with medical conditions affecting their feet should consult a medical specialist.
- Held every 6/7 weeks on a Friday.
- Cost $10.00 (required to help cover our costs).
Card & Board Games
- Held fortnightly on Thursdays.
- Players are asked to be seated by 1:15pm.
- A friendly fun filled afternoon.
- No partner required.
- Afternoon tea provided.
- Cost $3.00 per session.
Community Worker – Damian Ardell
Damian’s life-long passions include following Jesus and working with people who face many challenges in life. Previously he’s been a Chaplain with people with disabilities, an Associate Pastor of Delta Community Church, a High School Teacher and a Support Worker for a disability organisation. Damian’s qualifications include a B.A. (Hons), a B.Min, and a Grad.Dip.Tch.Ln.
Papanui Baptist Freedom Trust is part of the Northwest Collective – eight local organisations from Belfast, Shirley, Papanui and Bishopdale who provide services and programmes to their communities. We are committed to working together to strengthen our communities. We aim to be both caring and professional as we partner with our communities. For more info on the Northwest Collective check out northwestcollective.weebly.com